- Juro interviewed the GCs and legal leaders at 30 high-growth tech companies for the report.
- This is Juro’s second annual Tech GC report in partnership with Wilson Sonsini.
The role of a disruptive tech GC at a tech scaleup is unique - and in 2020, it's not getting any easier. It's clear that the nature of a once-in-a-century pandemic has meant that legal leaders have had to drastically change their ways of working.
So how have legal leaders navigated this ever-changing environment? We took a deep dive into their challenges, priorities, frustrations, and with the 2020 Tech GC report.
What's front-of-mind for legal teams at the world's fastest-growing scaleups? Find out in the 2020 Tech GC report.
The report explores in depth:
- The challenges lawyers face in adding value to the business. In a uniquely challenging business environment, how have priorities changed, both for high-growth tech companies and for the GCs who advise them? We take a look at how legal's objectives align with the wider business, and find out what blocks tech GCs from adding value
- The relationship between legal, contracts, and technology. What does low-value work look like for GCs who'd rather be contributing to commercial strategy? We find out how tech GCs feel about their contract workflow, and the tech stack that surrounds it
- The impact of the global pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic brought the world to a standstill - but tech scaleups have to adapt to survive and thrive. How did the pandemic impact tech GCs, and what are the main legal risks tech GCs need to navigate in the year ahead?
The findings pointed to some interesting patterns - according to the data, more than 50 per cent of lawyers are focused on adding value to the business as a top priority, but 67 per cent feel ‘buried in low-value work’.
Daniel Glazer, managing partner of Wilson Sonsini’s London office, introduced the report. He said:
“Having itself scaled through the ups and downs of Silicon Valley over the past 60 years, Wilson Sonsini is proud to support technology companies and their in-house lawyers as they navigate the path forward, and to partner with Juro to help provide insight as to the current state of that journey”